Headquartered in Anderson, IN., Chaser LLC is a transportation and logistics company. We are engaged primarily in hauling truckload shipments of general commodities in both interstate and intrastate commerce.
We have two reportable segments, Truckload Transportation Services and the soon-to-launch Logistics services.
Our Truckload Segment is comprised of the following four operating fleets:
- Dedicated Services (“Dedicated”) Fleet provides truckload services required by a specific customer, generally for a distribution center or manufacturing facility
- Regional Short-Haul (“Regional”) Fleet transports a variety of consumer nondurable products and other commodities in truckload quantities within geographic regions across the United States using dry van trailers
- Medium-to-Long-Haul Van (“Van”) Fleet provides comparable truckload van service over irregular route
- Temperature-Controlled (“Temperature-Controlled”) Fleets provide truckload services for products requiring specialized trailers. Our Truckload fleets operate throughout the 48 contiguous U.S. states pursuant to operating authority, both common and contract, granted by the U.S. Department of Transportation (“DOT”) and pursuant to intrastate authority granted by various U.S. states. We also have authority to operate in several provinces of Canada. The principal types of freight we transport include retail store merchandise, consumer products, grocery products and manufactured products. We focus on transporting consumer nondurable products that generally ship more consistently throughout the year and whose volumes are generally more stable during a slowdown in the economy.
Our Logistics segment is a non-asset-based transportation and logistics provider. It is comprised of the following operating units that provide non-trucking services to our customers:
- Truck Brokerage (“Brokerage”) uses contracted carriers to complete customer shipments
- Freight Management (“Freight Management”) offers a full range of single-source logistics management services and solutions.